The Waldorf School of Baltimore is carrying Waldorf education in Baltimore into the next 50 years.
We are turning 50 years old in September 2021 and excited to usher our school into its next 50 years. Our beautiful, hillside campus in northern Baltimore City includes woodlands, fields, and garden activity areas. We have a dedicated faculty, a highly supportive community, and phenomenal programs that provide an inspiring contemporary Waldorf education to all of our children.
We are committed to working together to strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the school community.
We are searching for key administrative personnel to help us expand and to meet our mission to inspire and educate children to think, feel, and act with depth imagination and purpose. We invite you to explore our school and learn more about the inspiring contemporary Waldorf education we offer.
Full job description and more information is available below.
Children’s Garden and Forest Afternoon Program Teacher
The Waldorf School of Baltimore has a long and proud history of providing activity and nature based programs.
We are searching for a Children’s Garden Afternoon and Forest Afterschool Program Assistant Teacher to bring warmth, care, and joy into the daily rhythms of the Afternoon and Forest Aftercare Program. In this unique part-time position you will work inside the classroom and outside and in the playground and forest every day. To be successful, you must have a deep love for connecting children with nature, enjoy being outside in all weather conditions, and have experience supervising and caring for children in mixed age groups. A full job description is available on request.
General duties: CG Afternoon Program
• Work with Lead Teacher or Assistant Teacher to prepare the lunch room/s, assist in preparation of nap-time atmosphere, including laying out nap cots and mats, and putting them away at the end of nap.
• Follow and support the afternoon nap teacher in all activities, including assisting children with bathroom and/or diapers.
• Sharing in afternoon craft activities in class, disciplining of children with direction from the lead teacher and maintaining the environment and equipment.
Forest Aftercare Program
• Deliver the Forest Afterschool program (Additional hour will be required for full or half day aftercare when the school is closed for classes during the school year (for example during parent/teacher conferences).
• Prepare and serve healthy snacks for Forest Aftercare participants
• Maintain the spaces used by our program
• Communicate with parents and lead teachers to ensure an integrated experience for each child
This hourly position pays $13-$15 an hour depending on education and experience.
Apply with cover letter and resume to Cecilia Liss: CLiss@twsb.org