Get To Know Our Board's Standing and Advisory committees
Ari Rosenberg (Chair), Earle Pratt (Treasurer), Kathy MacMillan (Secretary), Brian Poole (VP), Reid LaCLair (At Large Member), Derryck Holston (Advisory), Pat Whitehead (Executive Director)
- To set agendas for board meetings and coordinate efforts so that all needed information for decision making is made available.
- To act on behalf of the Board between meetings on any items forwarding progress of work approved by the Board.
- To act on behalf of the Board when a full board meeting is not possible given requirements of decision making in a crisis or a time-bound issue.
Earle Pratt (Chair), Laura Freitag, Dana Johns, Tyson Macdonald, Brian Poole, Ari Rosenberg, [Pat Whitehead, Linda Zandler]
To provide oversight of the financial affairs of the school.
- Develop an annual operating and capital budget for board approval.
- Monitor the financial performance of the school in relation to the budgets.
- Develop financial policies.
- Report an annual audit to the Board.
- Engage in short-term and long-term financial planning.
- Review parent requests concerning enrollment contracts.
Reid LaClair (Chair), Edna Emmet, Jo Keller, Brenda Wolf Smith
To build and maintain an effective board of trustees to work in partnership with the Executive Director and the School.
- To recruit, vet, and nominate qualified candidates to increase the Board’s capacity to succeed at its work of ambassadorship, stewardship, and fundraising.
- To coordinate the orientation and on-going education of board members.
- To lead the Board’s annual self-evaluation.
Strategic Planning Committee
Nancy Blackwell (Chair), Christina Harris, Ari Rosenberg, MIke Stone, Pat Whitehead
Engages in a formal strategic planning process every 5 years.
- Oversees and monitors progress of the 2014-20 Strategic Plan.
- Conduct an annual review of the plan, proposing revisions and priority re alignment as needed.
- Ensures the goals of the Strategic Plan are communicated to the WSB community
To ensure the WSB is fully and satisfactorily served by the Exec Director.
- To establish a Search Committee, when required, to conduct a transparent, effective and inclusive process to fill any vacancy at the Exec Director level.
- To ensure an approved Performance Management (PM) process is in place that encompasses recognized best practice.
- To carry out and communicate the results of an annual review/evaluation.
- To review/evaluate WSB’s organizational requirements of the leadership structure and job description/s, making recommendations to the BoT.
- To work with the Executive Director to ensure consistency of process throughout the organization.
- To ensure all concerns regarding grievances, disciplinary, and other matters of employment at the leadership level are processed and acted upon in a professional and expedient manner.
- To recommend changes to the Leadership Team compensation, and/or administrative structure as necessary and appropriate.
Board Accreditation Committee
Kathy MacMillan (Chair), Jonathan Prozzi
Buildings & Grounds Committee
Larry Snyder (Chair), Hank Bauer, Derryck Holston, Chaddie Hughes
Jo Keller (Chair), Emlyn Flanigan, Derryck Holston, Brenda Wolf Smith
Special Committees & Other Special Liaison Roles
Parents Association Liaison: Jonathan Prozzi
IT Advisors: vacant
Collegium Appointment: Edna Emmet